With a $199 tablet, Amazon comes on strong and rebuilt some cards on the market. The Pros and Cons of Amazon Kindle Fire?
Kindle Fire Pros
- Amazonof course proposes a hardware extension of its online services: application store, books, movies, music etc … By combining a terminal to these services, Amazon boosts its ecosystem and tries to set up a duo missed as did Apple with iTunes. Amazon does not offer a hardware innovation but a new way of consuming services.
- Apple and Amazon do not play in the same court. The iPad (sold $500) is positioned in the premium and will remain so. Kindle Fire is not an iPad-killer, it actually opens the door to a new market complementary aims high school students, students and families. Apple can continue to sleep peacefully.
- The Kindle Fire could become the standard bearer of Android on the tablets market. For now, the Google OS is still struggling to take off. A successful product could therefore boost Amazon’s hand quickly.
Kindle Fire Cons
- Other manufacturers of tablets Android will adapt well to Amazon’s pricing policy. And competition will certainly fall rapidly to keep its prices are likely to emerge. Especially since Amazon can rapidly implement price cuts.
- Barnes & Noble’s Nook Color reading light is becomes immediately less attractive with its price of 249 dollars …
- Android Honeycomb OS dedicated to the tablet was not chosen by Amazon, which has opted for a version 2.x supported by an overlay house. Other manufacturers have also made this choice successfully. A strong signal that can result in: Honeycomb is not so suitable as this …
Freelance writer and consultant with years of experience in educational technology and web-based systems.
The Kindle Fire has a screen 7 inch Gorilla Glas, a dual core processor, 8 GB of disk space, and weighs 414 grams. No camera or microphone.
With this product quite innovative in terms of positioning, Kindle Fire does not actually compete with the tablet market, it is similar in effect to a more advanced e-Reader that comes directly compete Nook Color Barnes & Noble, Amazon intends reshuffle the cards on the market. Who will be winners and losers?